Wednesday, November 28, 2012

~ Rabarbarasulta


If I were on death row, toast would be a necessity in my last meal. My obsession with toast has given me a love for anything that you can spread on bread. I was very happy to find this recipe for, Rabarbarasulta, rhubarb jam and had to make it right away. Many of the recipes I have found include sugar, so I wonder when sugar was first introduced to Iceland. 


Ingredients:

- 1/2kg rhubarb 
- 400g white sugar



Prep the rhubarb by washing and removing any stems or leaves and cutting the rhubarb into inch sized pieces. Mix rhubarb with sugar and allow it to sit over night in the fridge.




 Before breakfast the next morning, bring the mixture to a boil in a pot and consider to simmer and stir until the mixture thickens. 


This took about 15min for my jam. 



Pour the jam into a jar and cap it with a lid to create a seal. This jam was fantastic on toast, and has given me the confidence to start making more jams to feed my toast obsession. 

No comments:

Post a Comment